How Martin Inc. is Prioritizing Customer and Associate Safety with COVID-19
At Martin Inc., safety comes first. Since COVID-19 affected our nation in February 2020, we have been closely monitoring the complex and rapidly evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Martin’s Customer base, distribution centers, and integrated sites span the U.S. from coast-to-coast, so our thoughts and prayers continue to be with the many people near and dear to us throughout the United States. We continue to follow COVID-19 guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to ensure that we are making consistent, fact-based decisions about our activities and operations that affect our Team Members, Customers, and Supplier Partners.
Below is an update on the state of Martin’s operations, our supply chain, how we are addressing your safety, our Team Member’ safety, and the communities in which we live and work.
- Currently, Martin does not have any travel restrictions imposed on our Team Members. However, we will continue to monitor and adjust as needed, which may include postponing, rescheduling, and/or canceling conferences, lunches, visits, and onsite training. Your Martin Sales Rep will contact you about visits and will adhere to any visitation restrictions you may have in place. Our delivery drivers will continue to deliver supplies and are taking the necessary precautions to protect themselves and your Associates. Virtual meetings are always welcomed and encouraged.
- Martin is educating all Team Members on COVID-19 symptoms and preventive measures on a regular basis. We remain flexible and recommend that any Team Member who is not feeling well stay at home. Many of our Team Members continue to work from home taking the necessary precautions to keep them and their families safe.
- Showroom cleanliness and counter safety still remain a priority. Now more than ever, Team Members are focused on maintaining hygiene and implementing sanitization protocols recommended by the CDC. We disinfecting daily high-touch surface areas regularly and may limit access to our facilities. Please call the location you wish to visit first so that we can let you know the accessibility at that location.
- Martin is declared an Essential Critical Business under the Transportation and Logistics Provision. Currently, our 14 locations remain open to serve your needs. Our inventory and supply chain remains strong. If you have any questions regarding your orders and projects, please do not hesitate to reach out to your Martin Sales Rep or call Customer Service at 800.828.8116. This is clearly a dynamic situation and if closures become necessary, we will work to communicate in a timely fashion and provide you with alternative solutions.
- We encourage Customers to continue to use our online services where possible. Your Martin Sales Rep can work with you to create a custom online ordering solution and is available to pick up and deliver supplies you may need from local establishments.
- Martin has always been honored to provide world-class services and custom-tailored solutions to industry professionals coast-to-coast. When you meet with one of our Team Members, please know that we are always happy to see you and express that with a handshake. Right now, the CDC recommends social distancing. While not greeting you with a handshake feels awkward for us, please let it be a sign of how much we value you, your health, and the health of those you love. Our greatest responsibility is ensuring every Martin Team Member and the person we greet returns home as good or better than when they came to work.
While this situation continues, we are confident we are making choices consistent with maintaining your trust and our values. Our highest priority remains the health and safety of our Customers, Team Members and communities, and we are committed to providing updates as we learn more.
Thank you for your continued support of Martin.
President & COO